Joseph Fantonalgo (Class of 2003)
Class of 2003
1. YOU ARE THE CLASS OF? (YEAR)
- A long time ago, in 2003.
2. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN HIGH SCHOOL?
- I would maybe say I was a student-athlete. I didn’t stand out but I did what I needed to succeed in each area. I balanced my studies and sports at the same time as I played volleyball, basketball and soccer.
3. SOME OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN HIGH SCHOOL WERE?
- Everyone was my favorite people, ranging from instructors to my peers. Most thankful to my basketball coaches, I forgot their names already. :) I had friends from different cliques, I did not stay in one place. I tried to get to know everyone from every class.
4. FAVORITE THING TO DO IN HIGH SCHOOL?
- I know I should say studying is my most favorite thing to do in high school but I can’t get myself to say that. haha. I loved to play sports and spending time with my friends.
5. IN HIGH SCHOOL I WAS MOST PROUD OF?
- Despite through my busy schedule with sports, I was still able to show that my studies came first and be part of the TOP 10 in my class.
6. AFTER GRADUATION WHAT DID YOU DO?
- At first I did not know what to do with my life, but seeing a need in the medical field, I enrolled in college. I went straight into college as a full time student in UOG pursuing a degree in nursing, and 5 yrs later I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
7. WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?
- I am now in my 10th year as registered nurse in Guam Memorial Hospital; I work in Surgical Ward taking care of a wide range of people with different illnesses. I am also working part time at a clinic (American Medical Center).
8. MY PROUDEST ACCOMPLISHMENT AFTER GRADUATING?
- My proudest accomplishment? I have many accomplishments but may be too many to mention but one that sticks out the most is my career. In my career, I am able to meet people and impact their life in times they are not able to control. I want to make a difference in people’s lives even if that’s one person at a time.
9. ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE?
- Always do your best, make a goal and get to that goal. Don’t give up, failures will come but we just have to overcome every failure to finally become successful.